Saturday 17 November 2007

Sock love

I'm wearing my new socks today, and I think I am a little bit in love. They fit SO much better than my first pair and they are lovely and warm.

I also went to my LYS for the first time - InterKnit Cafe in Farnham. Oooh, it was quite overwhelming for someone who does all their knit shopping online! I left with just two pairs of needles and a crochet hook (only for rescuing stitches, not actual crochet, but my largest one currently is 3mm, so I got a 5 for bigger yarn).

I have to be careful knowing that shop is just down the road! It took a lot of will power to leave with no yarn. But that way madness lies. I have promised myself not to buy yarn unless i know what I am going to do with it.

I fell in love with a colinette yarn, and wrote down what I thought was the name, but turned out to be just the colourway. So I had to ring them up. Apparently it was Graffiti - which I used for Hayley's scarf. The colour was SO different that I didn't recognise it. So now I need a project so I can buy all the purply goodness and make something with it. I was thinking of a long cardigan to cuddle up in in the house, but I can't find a pattern for chunky yarn. I've put a plea on Ravelry but I'm not getting many replies. Graffiti takes 10mm needles...

No comments: