Friday 9 November 2007

calorimetry


calorimetry2
Originally uploaded by cob_web

Today I finished off Calorimetry from Knitty. I finished knitting it on tuesday, but had to cast on my socks for travelling, so didn't finish it off.

I'm quite pleased with it, its a nice pattern. I cast on 10 less stitches than the pattern cos I know my sister and I have tiny heads. Good job too cos its slightly big. I think Soph has a bigger ehad than me so it will probably be fine for her.

I picked a 100% organic rare breed wool for this, as Soph is very much into organic and animal welfare. It was a nice yarn to work with but it shed quite a bit and made me sneeze! There was also bits of hay - but I like that in this kind of yarn I think!

I had to cast off one row early due to running out of yarn, but I don't think it matters.

No comments: