Tuesday 3 February 2009

Rowan Bag


sunshineblues1
Originally uploaded by cob_web

So my latest WIP is the Sunshine bag - a Rowan kit knit with with thier Denim yarn. I have no idea why it is called the sunshine bag. The beads make more of a snowflake design, and then there are hearts around it. Oh well. I got this in the Rowan sale a few years ago (I'm not a member, I like someone on LJ bought it for me).

I don't think I've ever knit with a 100% cotton yarn before. Its very inelastic and splitty, and a bit hard.

The stitch pattern is charted, and this is the first chart I've used. I realised I was doing it wrong, but luckily the design is symetrical, so it doesn't matter. I am finding it hard work though. The front went OK but just tonight I've had to tink back 3 times due to miscounting or misreading where I was.

It shrinks, so the idea is to put it in the wash to firm up the fabric.... I know its not felting, but I've had such bad luck with that that I'm a bit nervous! We shall see...

No comments: