Saturday 21 February 2009

japanese giraffe


japanese giraffe 1
Originally uploaded by cob_web

I am knitting Sam the Giraffe Socks by my internet friend Aberdonian *waves at Aber*.

I'm using some Noro sock yarn, which is quite obviously completely unsuited to the lacy bit. You can't really determine the pattern. But I am persevering. Not quite sure why. Maybe I'm crazy, but I keep thinking it will look better when there is more of it done.

The other issue with the Noro is that the suggested needle size is 2.7 to 3.3mm. Weirdarse sizing. I've stuck with the 2.5 recommended by the pattern so it is knitting up quite firmly. Maybe thats another mistake. But I figured that since the yarn isn't plied, tighter was better.

People moan a lot about noro being stiff and scratchy. It is a BIT but not at all as bad as was expecting my all the moaning on Ravelry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*waves back* I think it looks good so far, I can't wait to see the rest!