Sunday 8 November 2009

Finished Shawl

I finished the shawl for my sister's wedding about a week before the date! Just enough time to block it. Blocking was hard work, I didn't have enough space to block it all at once, and then I ran out of pins for the complex half, so it was blocked in three stages! The basket weave half was easy to block as you could line things up well. The cherry blossom half was much harder.

Anyway, here is me wearing it on the day:

hanami 7

and here are two shots to show the ends, taken after the wedding, so it is a bit crumpled!

hanami 6

hanami 5


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous shawl! Hanami is a really stunning pattern.

tinebeest said...

Lovely! You both look really happy in that picture- is that in the safe knowledge that the shawl-monster-knit is now behind you? ;-)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you managed to get it finished and blocked in time. It,and you, look stunning.