Saturday 6 February 2010

Natural dyeing


P1010905
Originally uploaded by cob_web

A few weeks ago I dyed up the really cheap sock yarn I got from Lidl ages ago. The logwood at the bottom turned out the best. The middle is madder powder, so not at impressive as the madder bark I used a while back. The top is also supposed to be a red but.... yeah. Thems the breaks with natural dyeing!

Not sure what to do with this as the yarn is a workhorse yarn, and very rough and ready. I'm knitting the logwood up into a shawl as I like the colour, but it is rough! The other colours aren't really my thing, but I can't sell it.

1 comment:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Nice yarn.

In answer to your question it was a consultation on air quality measures for the construction industry around non-road vehicles.

It was interesting.